- Published on 13 December 2010
- Written by Super User
Twenty nine organizations and many individuals in West Bengal have formed a citizens' campaign against Operation Green Hunt. "Operation Green Hunt- Virodhi Nagarik Andolan" to raise the popular voice against the war being waged by the Indian state against people and the rampant violation of democratic and human rights, in order to facilitate to taking over of natural resources by corporate interests.
The Operation Green Hunt-Virodhi Nagarik Andolan plans to conduct a sustained campaign against all aspects of Operation Green Hunt and expose the larger economic designs behind it to the general public. As the first among the series of campaign actions, a daylong public cultural protest action, "The Voice of My Protest" is planned in the heart of Kolkata on 18th December, 2010, from 10 am onwards. Cultural activists from all over Bengal and beyond will participate in this programme to express their protests against state repression and the corporate looting of resources in the name of Operation Green Hunt.
Details of programme:
The Voice of My Protest
Metro Channel, Kolkata
18th December 2010, starting at 10.00 am
Inauguration by: Mahasweta Devi
Performances by :
- Protest singer Kabir Suman,
- Revolutionary balladeer Gadar,
- Cultural activist troupe from Maharashtra “Vidrohi” led by Shambhaji Bhagat,
- Cultural activists from Gujarat Vinay and Charul,
- Theatre personality Bibhash Chakrabarty, Jhumur artiste and activist from jangalmahal
- Ajit Mahato and his troupe, cultural activist group
- Ganabishan, street theatre groups Anarya and Chena Adhuli
- And singers, poets, theatre groups and cultural activists from all over Bengal
Please join and voice your protest.
Please circulate widely.